Monster Dash

A week ago now some of the people in my club and myself did the Monster Dash- a 5k ish obstacle course organised by my university sports association for cardiovascular research. Only around 100 people took part, mostly in various zombie and other monster outfits. I decided to take the easy option and went as a cat burglar because I am a) lazy with Halloween and b) wanted to be able to easily run around. 

The 'race' was reasonably fun. I would call it more a fitness test than an obstacle course- lots of the obstacles were burpees and push ups and jumping jacks. However, there were also a lot of things to climb under, crawl over etc so we got SO muddy. I literally had sheet mud covering my entire body:




Mud from navel to knee especially. My friend Ne Ne on the left here is a fantastic runner and came through first, but people were not bothered about times on this course (and it wasn't even timed). Poor girl actually had to pull my tee shirt off at the end in the changing rooms because it was literally stuck to me. I then traumatised her because my (white) sports bra had gone see through- she puts up with a lot between the flashing and everything!

We were all so muddy and soaked anyways that we ended up showering in our clothes to get the worst off. Luckily the event gave out a tee cause' no one had thought clean clothes might be helpful...


It was a fun day but also probably the best shower I have ever had!

Exercise this week so far: Monday Bikram, Tuesday hill sprint session (60s sprints x 12), Wednesday rest, Thursday flat sprint session (1k reps x 3), Friday gym session (30 min x trainer and weights), Saturday rest.

------------------------------------------

Ever done an obstacle race or mud run?


8 Comments:

  1. Wow sounds intense but worth it
    NRC ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty intense yeah! By the time they were asking us to do press ups I was dying!

      Delete
  2. great photos, looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it really was! SO muddy though x

      Delete
  3. I have never done an obstacle course before but that one sounds fun! ....excluding all those burpees ;) lol you guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely looks like a fun time....minus the fitness obstacles. I love anything where I can dress up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youre back blogging! I too love Lululemon but its SO EXPENSIVE (re your recent post!)

      Delete

 
Strava