Lady, Are You Kidding Me?

I found myself doing that thing that we all do sometimes- giving ourselves a cheeky free pass on a run. 'I'm so busy today', I thought. 'I'll need to get up early to run'. 

Needless to say that darn snooze button was so seductive. So the am run never happened. And I officially gave myself a mental pass, 'Oh well, you tried' and went on with my so-called busy day- work, a training course (they made us sing- URGH), dinner with my friend and oops! Suddenly its too late to run and too near food and dark so noooo.

Then on the walk home a stronger part of me said STOP.RIGHT.THERE. You haven't run out of time to exercise. Your just making ridiculous excuses. You are literally saying you'd rather sit on the couch watching your better half (better, because he went a run today, lazy-pants) play FIFA than get off your butt and do something. 

So instead I came home, and I put on my running stuff and put in my earphones and planned a safe, lit, busy route and I went a run. 9 min miles for 3 miles. It was nice. So remember this:



6 Comments:

  1. I've been so bad about working out lately... thanks for the motivation! So true! But I don't know if I could ever run that far!!! Yikes! :)


    love jenny xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was only 3 miles and I guaranteeeeeeeeeeee you can do that! xox

      Delete
  2. Great post! It's amazing how my lazy mind deceives me into thinking that I don't need to run.

    The hardest bit for me is getting out there to start with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its SO EASY to go 'oh Im soooo busy' or 'Im soooo tired' or 'Maybe I should just take a rest day'. Sometimes I just need to say to myself "Lady! Go move your butt!" :)

      Thanks for commenting!
      Scallywag xox

      Delete
  3. I feel you - I hit the snooze EVERY time. especially when I know Logan is going to wake me up early anyway. lol but the great thing about this week is that I haven't worked in the evenings so I've been running at night :) YAY! you'll get back in the groove soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I currently wont Ali- yesterday my ITBS flared up AGAIN. Im so frustrated about it since Ive been doing everything right with the physios, strength exercises etc etc. ive been running short distances fine, taking it slow and boom.

      Delete

 
Strava