4 Weeks, 3 Races, 1 Plan

Way to make it sound dramatic, huh? Basically coming up in the next 4 weeks I have 3 races (what?! No way! I never would have guessed that from the title!). In an effort not to completely embarrass myself, and perhaps get a little better at running, I have devised myself a lovely plan to achieve this and get fitter at the same time.


Basically there should be one or two mid length runs in a week (5 or 6 miles), a sprint session (could be hills or flats) and two smaller efforts. There are also a few strength workouts placed in. The legend is to the right because I'm just supahhh organised like that. I think it might be a bit run heavy, and I may need to cut back if I'm feeling tender. Otherwise, I've had my S.O. sign off on it, and he's the one who's been running for 15 years ;-)!


As you can see the races are a 4k cross country at Bellahouston Park- a local race here; the 3 mile Braids Hill Race in Edinburgh, which I've heard can be pretty challenging (so need to make one of those sessions a hilly one!); and the Scottish Student cross country Champs in Aberdeen, which is pretty long for a girl's cross country!

I'll be updating this weekly, noting what the sessions were (that's why the mileage is the aggregate of the normal runs plus any potential distance), and noting if I completed everything and how I feel. So far I have done the TBW strength and the 3 mile run (although I will NEVER run with a backpack on again). I'll also be putting up race reports, the reason there's not one up now is that this weekend I was sadly too ill to run cross country at Cumbernauld :(

----------------------------------------

What do you think of the plan? Any recommended changes?

What is your current training plan?

4 Comments:

  1. Looks well balanced to me, the addition of core and strength is probably something I should bother with more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one thing I've realised that I might change is that I'm jumping from 3 runs a week to 5... So might cut one of them! And there are sometimes 6 run days on race weeks too. Perhaps a bit ambitious and I can replace with some swimming :)

      Delete
  2. I think someone likes Excel (it does rock to be fair), and all the nice pastel colours it has ;) I like that you've got Total Badass Warriorness workouts in there too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude excel is DA BOMB (ish). Obviously, Total Badass Warriorness workouts are a requirement :)! But also good for strength training yadda yadda blah blah blah.

      Delete

 
Strava