BUPA Women's 10K and RecoveryMonday, May 12, 2014
Okay the women's 10K blew. I just wasn't in it. Full disclosure: despite a fine course and reasonable training, I ran a 1.04. Which is pathetic (not in general, just for me, the only competition is against yourself).
Why did it suck?
- Was under-prepared and under-hydrated for unseasonably hot weather.
- Did not bring my mental game. See excuses central.
- Went out far too fast- stuck with the 50 min pacer for 2K despite being nowhere near 50min pace trained.
- Was not properly recovered from Dumyat- tight calves and Achilles tendon area, didn't loosen up until about 7K. Also meant a fair bit of stop and stretch.
- Had some shoe issues- could not tie them to get them comfortable and they seem to now be lacking padding they had before, maybe getting a bit old. Felt a lot of impact etc.
|Lovely picture of S, not so great of me.|