Eating Out Healthily in Glasgow: Siempre Bicycle Cafe

Last Sunday, my beautiful friend J and I headed over to the Siempre Bicycle Cafe on Dumbarton Road for some laid- back brunch. 

The Siempre is part-cafe part-bike store (fixing and selling), with cool urban decor and cycle paraphernalia all over the shop. They emphasise locally grown, healthy food choices and sell an amazing range of tasty solids and gloriously coloured smoothies. You can hire their space and their services for events- my colleague had an engagement party there, which was lovely. They also run things like cycling film nights, what a cool idea! Multiple gigs, a monthly themed secret supper (which I really want to go to soon) and a monthly cheese tasting club called the Roving Fromagiere Chewtorial. I appreciate the name a whole lot. See their website for more details and other events. 



I ate... a blueberry and oat breakfast smoothie. Really tasty, a delight of colour, and actually filled me up for an impressive amount of time for a liquid breakfast. 

a) Yum b) stunning colour of lilac

Was it expensive? 

The cost for smoothies is £3.50 or thereabouts- the ones with oats are a little higher. Most breakfasts are £2-6, and the sandwiches are around £7. Soups are £3.50, salads £6.25, and then there are tapas for sensible prices. So I'm saying no, its pretty consistent for west end brunch and cheaper than some. 

What else was on offer? 

Soups, salads, a million sandwiches, most other brunch items you could fathom (lots of excellent salmon options), about 7 or 8 smoothie options. Also present was some mighty tasty looking home baking. I think there's a soup and sandwich lunch deal, which is definitely worth a shout. Siempre is great for vegetarians, vegans, and coeliacs as everything is marked and there are plenty of options. 

Amazing graffiti art in the gardens




What did I think? 

Siempre Bicycle Cafe is just cool. But not pretentious cool, nicely unassumingly cool. It has a brilliant laid-back, weekend cycle trip, urban-graffiti kind of atmosphere. No one is going to be chasing you for a table, no one will care if you rock up in sweaty lycra with oil on your hands. Its saved from being just a bikers spot by a friendly attitude and great food to boot. Very much recommend. 

Check out Siempre's site and menus Here.

To clarify: Obviously, no one paid me anything in any way, nor was I encouraged, to write about this place. Great food, good vibe, I'd recommend it.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

 
Strava