Support Your Boobs with Shock Absorber AW16


Tatas, jugs, boobs, jubblies, melons, tits, hooters, knockers, lady lumps, sweater puppies. Breasts are pretty fantastic... Until you start working out. Then they need managed - they ricochet (apparently in a figure of 8), and then they hurt. Unsupported breasts lead to back and shoulder pain, and stretch damage in breast tissue. Luckily sports bra technology has come on leaps and bounds. After too many years of steamrolled mammaries, nipple chafe, clasp gouges, and rib cage bands so tight that leave a stranglers mark on the skin I now trust Shock Absorber to protect my Golden Globes on the run.

Yoga with my new friend- he's so bendy!

Recently Shock Absorber wrote to me and asked if I'd like to review one of their models from the Autumn/Winter 16 collection. I've run in the Ultimate Run Bra the last few years. However, as the Ultimate Run Bra hasn't changed I chose the Active Multi Sport. Since I received the bra I've worn it to run, hike, sprint up hills, swing kettlebells around, and box. The Active Multi Sport holds the ladies in place, without crushing them flat. I haven't had any problems with chafe or backache. 

The Shock Absorber Ultimate Run Bra has been my go-to for most of my running career. However, I think I have a new favourite. The Multi Sport bra has a couple of distinct advantages: Firstly, aesthetically it looks like a stylish crop top. This allows it to be worn without a covering layer, whilst the Ultimate Run Bra is really very bra-like in look. I even wore the Active Multi Sport doing hills on the treadmill alone. It'll also look a lot cuter under drop sided vests. Both bras are a combination of compression and encapsulation (they separate the breasts- helps control movement), but the Ultimate Run has more obvious 'cups'. 

Secondly, I find the top clasp on the Ultimate Run bra hard to do up as it sits right between the shoulder blades (apologies to my office mates, who've had to do this up a million times). I now just do it up before putting the bra on over my head. The upper clasp in the Active Multi-Sport is lower and thus doesn't have this problem. The back straps and adjusting mechanism are different between the two. The Ultimate Run has wider industrial-strength straps with hook and eye adjusting which is padded, whereas the Multi Sport has thinner straps and classic slider adjusters. The bottom back clasp is hook and eye on both, the upper is hook and eye on the Multi Sport and a plastic snap clasp on the Ultimate Run. Both join to the rib band in leotard style (straps and band run into one another as a U-shape, not at a right angle).



Whilst the Ultimate Run Bra is recommended for running, I found the Active Multi-Sport perfectly suited for this too and will keep wearing both. Sports bras are like running shoes, the same ones won't work for everyone. That said, I'd happily recommend trying either Shock Absorber bra for high-impact sports. Shock Absorber bands seem to come up neat so you may wish to go up one size, however remember that the band is actually where most of the support comes from, so don't go too loose.

You can get the new Shock Absorber Active Multi Sport on Boobydoo and it will soon be available on the Shock Absorber site and ASOS too.


Shock Absorber sent me the Multi Sport Bra in return for this review. However my opinions are always honest and I was already a big fan of their Ultimate Run bra (which I have purchased myself). I will happily buy their products in future.


-------------------------------------------------------------

What bra do you trust for working out?

Have you ever tried Shock Absorber?



Post written by Scallywag and published on Scallywag Sprints on 25/07/16

7 Comments:

  1. I'm a Shock Absorber fan too. I always wear the Ultimate Run bra for running but recently have been in the Active Multi Sport for gym, etc. I don't think I'd wear any other brand now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people seem to be highly loyal to SA! Cause' they deliver the goods I guess!

      Delete
  2. Massive Shock Absorber fan but only ever had one Ultimate Run bra because I used to get stuck in it and found it SUCH a palaver to get on so stuck with the trusted active multisport from then on for for anything and everything and it does a fabulous job. I literally don't even consider any others when I need a new one...plus the colours are always fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the UR I would definitely recommend doing the top clasp up then putting it over your head ;-)

      Delete
  3. Ha I've never heard the term sweater puppies before! I have 4x Shock Absorber bras, I don't wear anything else but I do buy them cheap(er) when they are on sale so it's never the new styles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to think of as many slang terms as possible! Yes they are good on sale.

      Delete
  4. I love the ultimate run bra- have 3 on rotation, and I wouldn't use anything else now.

    ReplyDelete

 
Strava